lawn help / suggestions

no. LOL

I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are

go to your local second hand outfitter and pick one up a used hose reel for $10 that you wind by hand. LOL. Much better for your pocket. LOL.

rob

Reply to
George.com

I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL.

None

For a minute there I thought this actually wasn't spam.. But the industrial grade hose reel link just doesn't seem to fit. :p

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

The "LOL" sort of fits, although considering that there's nothing funny about hose reels, it could also mean there are now wireless connections available on the "special" school bus.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

cheapie thing from HD for about $25 that works well. For another shorter hose I hand-coil, secure the ends together, and hang it up.

My hanger is very simple, quick and inexpensive to build. Take a 24" wooden dowel and securely tie one end of a cord to the middle of the dowel. Attach the other end of the dowel to the ceiling such that the dowel hangs around eye level. To hang up the coil put the dowel through the coil, turn it, and let the coil hang. This holder works well for my shop air hose too. Not my invention, but works exceptionally well.

Reply to
Phisherman

that I use for my garden. I just buy the cheapest hose holder that I can find (under $10) and attach it to the tree with wire cable that I run through sections of old water hose so that it doesn't cut into the tree. This doesn't take much room and keeps the hose out of my way when it is not in use. This simple approach is in stark contrast to the industrial strength hose reels that you are contemplating. Hope you find what you want. IMHO.

Reply to
Billy