Kwanzan Cherry not flowering

Hi,

We plant a 8 feet tall Kwanzan Cherry last fall. This spring when the leaves emerge there was no flower at all. We are disappointed.

What might cause the tree not to flower ?

buywheels

depending on where you are, there are many reasons why it might not flower. If you had a late frost while the flower buds were swelling, they might have died because of that. Another cause could be late season pruning, which would cut off the buds for the next season. If the tree is still pretty small, it may just not be old enough to produce a good flower set(or any at all).

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372