Japanese beetles showed a color preference

We have shrub roses, variety "Pink Grootendorst." Most of the blossoms are the expected pale pink, but one bush somehow produces blossoms ranging from nearly white to deep red.

Since we treated the bushes with systemic imidacloprid, the beetles were only (!) bothering the blossoms.

Through the summer, while we found lots of beetles with their noses stuck in the white and light pink blossoms, we NEVER found any in the deeper pink or red ones.

I think we've finally seen the last of the beetles for this season.

Reply to
Bert