Iris question

I have a reblooming tall bearded Iris that is sending up a flower shoot right now in my back yard. I planted these as transplants in July and they didn't flower this year. Is this something that will affect the plant's health. Worried it might be using up energy heading into the colder part of winter here in zone 5 near Chicago. Should I be worried about it?

Reply to
MIKEnMAR2

This IS about the time of year that rebloomers will try to bloom. What you might do is wait until it's just starting to open the flowers, cut the stalk off and put it in water. But no, this will not hurt the iris.

Reply to
starlord