Identify evergreen

I see a plant with dark green leathery wavy leaves. The plant looks like a holly as it has waxy leaves perhaps 1.5" long, but without points. This plant has been growing for over 5 years and stands about

4 feet tall, more cylinder in shape and upright. It does not drop its leaves in winter and lives well in zone 7, east TN. This plant is not on my property, although I could get a leaf and scan it. (Unfortunately I do not own a camera.) I'm not certain about flowers or berries. If it is a holly, the wavy rounded leaves makes it unique. The woody stems are upright. Any ideas?
Reply to
Phisherman

Since there are some 400 species of Ilex (holly), numerous hybrids and countless cultivars, only a few of which possess the typical pointed "holly" leaf, it is a possibility, but without more specifics it would be silly to even hazard a guess. And there are other broadleaf evergreen shrubs which fit your description. A picture of both the plant as a whole and twig with a leaf detail would help; also any indication of flowers and fruit. Maybe you could borrow a camera?

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Reply to