hydrangeas???

My oakleaf hydrangea, which had numerous huge blooms last year, has only a couple of puny blossoms this year. what fertilizer should i use? zone 7

Reply to
Judy Cosler

madgardener

Hi Judy, My hydrangea bloomed for the first time this year! I'm in zone 7. I fertilized mine with Miracle Grow, fish emulsion, and compost. It took it 5 years before it finally bloomed and the clusters are over 8" across! Last year it put out a lot of leaves (no blooms). A praying mantis was frequently seen standing tall on the topmost leaf. I buried the hydrangea in leaves to keep it from dying back as in previous years--maybe that's what did the trick.

Reply to
Phisherman