Hosta as an Indoor Plant??

I was thinking about growing Hosta as an indoor plant. One of the larger varities.

Any forseeable problems in doing this? Do you think it will grow year round or go dormant for part of the year?

Any input is appreciated.

-Felder

Reply to
felderbush001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

Hosta would not do very well as indoor plants.

Try tropical foliage plants such as Agalonema or Diffenbachia instead.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Cereus-validus-........... Hosta would not do very well as indoo

plants.

Try tropical foliage plants such as Agalonema or Diffenbachia instead.

Any forseeable problems in doing this? Do you think it will grow year round or go dormant for part of the year?

Any input is appreciated.

-Felder

hosta can be grown indoors as long as u have the right soil type an lighting for the plant. the only thing is hostas do a lot better i they have the cold of the winter so that they can rest. if they dont get this rest then they can eventually peter out and di over time. good luck in whatever u decide. cyaaa, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

No, they won't grow year-round.

They will most likely become chlorotic, etiolated and die from an opportunistic fungal rot.

Hosta are not "house plants".

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........