Home in France needs plants etc

Hello,

this is my first thread on here. We have a property in France and obviously dont spend every week out there, so I am looking for any plants, herbs, fruit, flowering that are capable of looking after themselves for a couple of months.

We have plenty of land, so it does not depend on the size of plants used.

We are going back out there in November and is there anything that could be planted this time of year.

Would appreciate any ideas. Many thanks Colin

Reply to
colstock

What part of France? The climates and even the micro-climates vary wildly according to whether you are in the Alpes-Maritimes, near Marseilles, on the Brittany Coast, and so forth.

As so often, the Internet is your friend. I input "plant advice for France" (not knowing in which zone you are) and got a lot of hits, some leading to other sites.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Remember to specify your region.

Also, cultivate not only plants, but your neighbors. They will have a wealth of experience to share.

Good luck,

HB HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson