Help with Japanese maple.

I've been wanting a Golden Full Moon maple for a while now, and yesterday I picked up one for very cheap because it's sick. I'm hoping to be able to pull it through.

About 2/3rds of the leaves have turned brown and dried up. The remaining leaves are also turning brown and drying. Some of this may be due to it being fall, but the leaves haven't really turned color, they're either green or brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I repot it?

Reply to
Scooter the Mighty

I'd plant it in the ground. Full moons maple about here can be 6 or 8 feet tall. Are the branches stiff or supple? If the former good luck.

Sometimes it is not good to buy sick plants. We have about 80 japanese maples in our yard. Some die every year usually due to critters.

Still I try to raise them for future family and friends as gifts. This from seed. I'm on the verge of having to give them away ;)) But not the low growing form or the natural small ones.

I do not know of Golden Full Moon just Green Full Moons.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Plant it in the ground where it will only get dappled sun.

Reply to
Travis M.