Help with ID?

Can anyone help me out on these volunteers? Noxious weeds or diamonds in the rough? I'm located in the Portland OR area.

Two pictures of this one:

and
is some sort of shrub. The "leaf" encircling the stem might help with ID.
or tree-to-be?
is about knee high. No flowers yet.
any ideas.

Karen

Reply to
Anonny Moose

-- Karen

The Garden Gate

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ^and cats -- Cicero =================================================================== On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002

Reply to
Karen Fletcher

Karen

I think you are correct on the Horseweed. Appears to be a native ground cover, so I guess it can stay. Thanks so much for your help on that mystery.

Karen

Reply to
Anonny Moose

The first is some form of euphorbia

Reply to
David Hill

#1 Euphorbia lathyrus, the so-called "Gopher Purge". Keep it.

#2 Choke cherry, Prunus virginiana. Yank it out!

#3 Weedy Apiaceae. Yank it out.

#4 Erigeron canadensis (syn. Conyza canadensis). Yank it out.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

On second thought, because of the paired leaves, #3 might be Sambucus canadensis, the Elderberry. You might want to keep it to see what develops.

Cereus-validus