HELP with Ficus

Can somebody help me!?

This Ficus (email me for a picture - I can't send an attachment in this group) had an accident, and a bud with a new leaf was injured. I left it on the plant, and after a while a new leaf sprouted out of the bud. However, it looks pretty much as like a new plant is growing out of it.

I'm curious - should I pinch it off the main plant completely and try and cultivate it separately, while it's still green and could develop roots, or should I leave it as it is?

Reply to
jasreca

I would let it alone. It is probably just growing a new branch. You may be able to root it a a cutting in the spring, but wait until it gets much bigger and spoils the outline of the tree. Iris, Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40 "A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen

Reply to
Iris Cohen