grass clumps

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do about excess grass being left behind after mowing? Our property is several acres - too big to be picking up clippings, and too big to be mowed every couple of days in order to make the clippings very short. We have not only clumps, but also a general brownness because of the dead grass.

Thanks! MJ

Reply to
MJ

i've used gator mulching blades with alot of success... mulches it to fine particles and breaks down quickly to help feed the lawn. also in fall i've mulched instead of raking leaves. amazing the results.

Reply to
Rondo

Start by sharpening your blades and then set the mower deck higher to about 3" this will shade the ground and choke the weeds. Stop feeding with high nitrogen fertilizer. Of course turfgrass is a crop for fools - That's why the USA has an area the size of Germany under lawns

Reply to
Beecrofter