Grass burning problem---help required

I have completed some landscaping that included the laying of a new lawn.

I have layed this over what was brick footings of old garden wall/shed.

They are about 12 18 inches below the finished surface. I am now seeing the footprint of the footings as burn marks on the lawn.

I expect that the footings are leaching salt/other minerals and causing this burning. Without going to the BIG task of removing these footings is there anything I can do to counter what is occurring?

In addition there are other burn marks on the lawn trhat I expect is from soil originating from near or on the footings (before I started the earthworks)

thanks in advance

-j

Reply to
James Dawson

That's an extraordinary depth, and an unusual leach pattern (leaching

*upwards* to grass root depth) to see such a drastic change. Perhaps when demolition took place chunks were unknowlingly left behind close to the soil surface. Regardless, all concrete formulas, and especially improperly mixed concretes, leach at a surprising rate. Soils surrounding concrete footers need constant amending to counteract the leach affect. Perhaps extra irrigation and amendments in those areas could even it out a bit?

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman