Fritillarias

Gardening in Toronto and have Crown Imperial Fritillarias -- they come up every spring, seem green and thriving, then gradually yellow and die back. After two years, they have never flowered. I've dug them up and the bulbs look solid and healthy. Any suggestions deeply appreciated.

Reply to
vio

I googled "fritillaria", and found: ........................................... These large, exotic bulbs are perfectly hardy but might take a year or so to settle down. Plant them hollow side up in full sun or light shade in fertile, deeply dug soil. They seem to prefer a somewhat heavy soil, in sandy soils work in some compost or leafmold before planting.

They make good border plants and are particularly effective in front of a stone wall in groups of 6 or more.

Fritillarias are heavy feeders and benefit from a mulch of decayed manure or leafmold in the fall and a dusting of bulb food in early spring.

Plant 6 inches deep, 10 inches apart. ...........................................

Your answer is probably in there.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Thank You. Actually< I'm thinking now I shall turn them into container plants!

Reply to
vio