Fertilizer burn

Hi,

is there a way to help a plant with fertilizer burn to recover?

The plants in question are agapanthus, and I know I over fertilized. The leaves turned yellow and it;s not looking very happy at the moment. Is fungus something I need to worry about? Should I continue watering? I have cut the yellow parts of the leaves already.

Please tell me how else I can save them there is a whole row at the front of my house, and I like them there.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Anthony Pinto

If the soil is well drained, so that water will flow through it _quickly_, flush with water. You could also try potting the plants, and flushing the pots, mostly to get any fertiliser off the roots. But I'm afraid if the li'l gluttons have taken too much nitrogen on board there's nothing you can do. Wait another couple weeka or so, and if they don't recover, remove them. You should wait several weeks (or even over winter) before planting anything to replace them as the soil will likely still be over fertilised.

HTH and good luck.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Maybe they are yellowing due to the arrival of fall.

Reply to
Travis

Thanks for the information.

I have flushed with water, and keep doing so everyday, but I fear it may be too late.

I am actually in Sydney, Australia so it is mid spring here.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Reply to
Anthony Pinto