Everblooming iris?

There is this gas station which has iris's and they bloom at least four times a year. They are blue (well, hort blue is really purple) and they are blooming right now, AGAIN. Anyone know of this type because the gas station looks at me like I'm an alien when I ask what they are.

Thanks, Victoria

Reply to
Jangchub

V It's kind of difficult to know the name, since there are more and more reblooming iris and many are purple/blue. Is this one a tall bearded type?

I have two purple rebloomers: one is an old, old, dark purple tall bearded, named Eleanor Roosevelt. She just finished blooming and will bloom again in early summer. Probably would bloom more in a warm climate like yours. The other is a dwarf, gets about 8-10 inches tall, bearded. It is very fragrant and is named Smell the Roses. It's a medium blue-purple and very nice. It blooms 3-4 times a year.

emilie norcal

Reply to
mleblanca

OT but how is your beach front property coming Emilie? I hear the work advanced a little yesterday at 9:18 AM.

Reply to
Billy

Oh, sorry, it's definitely a bearded iris, and quite large. The clumps are quite tall. We had a hard frost last night, but I'll bring my camera with me today when I go out and if there is a flower on the plant I will take a snapshot.

Jangchub

Well Billy I'm not trying to corner the market on beach umbrellas just yet!! There were actually 3 more medium earthquakes after the 4.4 at 9:18 am, a 3.4 at 10:14, 3.3 AT 2:10PM and the biggest 3 minutes later at 2:13 a 4.7 .........mixed in there were 22 jiggles from 1.7 to 2.5 Didn't feel any of them........ they were about 30 miles W of Red Bluff which is about 45 miles north of us. Is that more than you wanted to know : ))) ? Oh more- 6 miles deep. Do you know about the USGS website?

quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

(you can even find the seismic wave pattern there if you are so inclined.)

anyway it is raining cats and dogs right now, and we had a light dusting of snow on the valley floor close to the eastern foothills very early this morning My roses are all pruned and I have sweet peas on top of the refrig waiting to germinate. I'll be starting tomato seeds in a couple of weeks. The almond trees have tiny buds now and should bloom about Valentine's Day. Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca