Encyclopedia of plants??

Does anyone have a recommendation of a really good excyclopedia of house plants, etc?

chaz-

Reply to
chaz

I have several tomes published by the Americna Horticultural Society. Go to their website or do a search at Amazon. The books are indeed tomes, for they are thick. I sometimes use them so I can reach that top shelf where I keep the hooch.

By the way, they also have an excellent book on propagation.

In the end, the best book will be the one you like. This is all that matters.

Reply to
WiGard

Buy a copy of Exotica on e-bay.

Reply to
Ricky

typing in "exotica" brings up all kinds of results, lol, few of which have anything to do with plants. who is this published by and is there anything else in the title?

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Chaz, I just bought an Exotica 4 on e-bay for $24.50 - it's not as good as the Exotica 3 that I bought several years ago on e-bay for $99. Hope you weren't the person I was bidding against. The author's name is Graf. They pop up on e-bay every couple of weeks. Keep checking. Yes there are some funny listings for a search of "exotica".

Ricky

Reply to
Ricky

I was going to bid but you beat me to it, i try not to complicate things lol.

Whats the difference between the #3 and #4 books?

Reply to
chaz

There are some house plants in this one: ISBN 0-7894-1943-2 American Horticultural Society A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants more than 15,000 plants and 6,000 photos

chaz wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

#3 is a single book, #4 (as I recall) is a 2 book edition. I bought the #4 edition out of curiosity. I use #3 for ID constantly.

Reply to
Ricky