Ditch lillies: is this the right time to steal some?

I admit it, I'm a ditch lilly junkie. (As well as lots of other things folks consider troublesome weeds. :) Is this a good time to transplant some from the roadsides into my gardens? I used to do it in the spring but that cuts down on the blooms for that year. Can I do it now?

Giselle

Reply to
Volfie

I set out some daylilies last year about this time (or a little later) and they did great. I then moved them out of the vegetable garden to a flower bed in late spring (while some were blooming) and they hardly seemed to notice.

The ditch lilies should transplant even better. I would move them now so they can get established a little before winter.

Bob, zone 4

Reply to
zxcvbob

They are so hardy just about any time is the right time for ditch lilies, Hemerocallis fulva. What zone are you in? If you are in a zone where the temperatures are still in the 90's you might want to wait until the temps are a bit cooler.

Wil

Reply to
Wil