Diseased Norway Maple?

Hello all,

I have a 60-year-old Norway Maple in front of my house. It was planted by and is still owned by the City of Toronto. For the first time I have noticed large yellow blotches on almost all the leaves. Is this indicative of a disease?

The only thing different about this summer is that it has been wetter and cooler than usual.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Denny

Images at

Nudest

Hi Denny, I am in Toronto and I live in dtwn. TOday walking along Front St I noticed the same yelowish patches in the street maples....I am also wondering whats that.....fungus?

Reply to
Paulo

In NY area yellow spots appearing in Norway maple trees are a common site in the urban forest. These are usually associated with a tar-spot (fungal) disease that is merely cosmetic.

Reply to
Mike LaMana