Deno's "Seed Germination Theory and Practice"

Hello, I'd like to order the above book. I understand that it is only available through the author himself. The address I have found is:

Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry

139 Lenor Drive, State College, PA 16801, USA

No email is given. Before sending money to him I'd like to verify the address. Is there anybody around who has ordered the book recently? Any other way for buying the book? Thanks Gotthelf

Reply to
G. Wolmershaeuser

The message from "G. Wolmershaeuser" contains these words:

That's a most unusual book-sales tactic for university authors.

Why not look up the State College Pennsylvania prospectus online and check out the chemistry dept? It should be possible to contact a genuine emeritus professor through the college.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I have his book. I will be surprised if he is still living as he was at least a generation before my generation.

Reply to
Henry Kuska

Hello Henry, you are possibly right. I was not successful when I tried to contact anybody at State College Pennsylvania to get further information. So, do you think the book is still worth hunting for? It doesn't seem to be easy to get it on the market for used books. Gotthelf

Reply to
G. Wolmershaeuser

Hi Gotthelf,

I'm not so sure Henry is talking about the same book. I did a simple Google search on this and it looked like the author was still living. There was even mention of an updated editions available. Take a look at the following Google results:

these two links:

luck!

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Leon Fisk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you could call and ask if he's been growing any daisies

NAME = DENO make sure you get the right one (Norman C)

Salty Thumb