Cucumber leaf wilt

My cucumber plants are thriving, but for every eight or nine leaves that have the size, rigor, and health of elephant ears, I'll have one or two leaves that have the look and feel of wet kleenix -- and they're all on the same plant. Any idea what causes this? Is there anything that can be done to restore their turgor? Would I be better to excise the wilted leaves before they fester, turn brown, and attrack micrscopic diners? Or should I just let them be?

viv

Reply to
vivian

There's a fungus cucumbers & melon plants can get. Seed companies mention which varieties are resistant, but even so, some still succumb to whatever it is. Although there are weird chemicals you can use to control it, I've heard good things about spraying the plants with a solution of water & baking soda. Of course, nobody ever tell show much baking soda is right. I'd try a couple of heaping tablespoons in a quart of water.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom