Composting urine

In the Gloaming

In the gloaming of a late August day, we watched clouds fade from neon pink to grey, waited for the bats to sail silently through the twilight?s aura.

Your three black cats chased dissident crickets this way and that in the blackened backyard. We laughed at their disembodied, full moon eyes, which mimicked the blink of fireflies.

Companionable silence wrapped around us like a comforter in that transcendent moment as the earth sighed her secrets, and the universe became that which was within us. ~~Cookala

Reply to
Charlie

Only after the peony Had scattered and fallen Did it stand there in it's glory.

Reply to
Billy

I'll be thinking about you Lee. You know the addy if you need to talk. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C439DF76.8B553% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

:) maybe we should go buy plants. my doctor asked if i was going to go jump off a bridge. do people really react that badly? i mean, yeah, it *might* kill one, but in this case that's sooo unlikely & i really have to much to do to get all stupid about it. i told him i was more concerned about the hypothyroid thing, as *that* is what saps my energy :p

how's the Red October hosta? mine seems a bit slower to come up than the unknown old hostas, but it's also in the shadiest garden. OTOH, one bit that's been sitting in a baggie in the kitchen all winter waiting to get sent to WI has several leaves now... the hellebores are blooming. very cool plants. lee

Reply to
enigma

After I get back from Peoria next week we can make plans. Is the place in Raymond still in business?

Oh yah!

Didn't make it it seems - I lost several hostas this winter - all to voles I suspect. Lots of sedums seem to be only crows, but those are so hardy they'll have new roots in no time. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak