Cider update - no stupidity

Billy and Charles et al

45 odd litres of 'Triumph of the Revolution" cider busily bubbling away in my laundry. Its turned a deep honey colour.

Rob

Reply to
George

Sounds awfully messy ;O) Home it wasn't the laundry that gave it it's couloure(sp?)(aw, hell) color. You Kiwis are tough.

Good on ya though. Keep the art alive.

Reply to
Billy

the art is convincing the family & workmates to drink some.

rob

Reply to
George

All you can do, George, is to model behavior (conspicuously drink in front of them), and point-out that at least you KNOW what's in, what you're drinking. I suppose they only eat fruit that comes in little Styrofoam boats, wrapped in plastic. Moreover, yeast suck up toxins, and heavy metals (cleans the cider if they are present). Additionally, no microbes harmful to humans can grow at a typical cider pH of 3.5 - 4.0. Maybe you could make friends and family feel better, if you wrapped your cider in plastic or cellophane to make it look store bought. Live and be healthy is the best revenge on their doubts.

Reply to
Billy

Disaster. My cider fermentation has slowed down dramatically. Rather than the airlock plopping away busily, it is slowed down now to an occasional plop.

You will all tell me this is simply because the cider is at an advanced way through its fermentation and ask how is this a disaster?

Well, the plopping kept my wife awake for a week or more and gave her something to complain about.

With the fermentation almost through, what will my wife complain about now?

Start list here:

rob

Reply to
George

Start a new batch immediately, gooo.

Reply to
Billy

Panic over. Today included

d*****ad drivers noisy cars expensive phone calls the state of the hedge

continues...

Reply to
George

I think it's reverse psychology. If you didn't offer some to anybody, they would get curious and want to try it, but if you keep pushing it at them, they'll just figure that it's no good, and you're trying to get rid of it. Just don't push too hard. ;O)

Reply to
Billy