catalpa trees

I have a question to put out there. Yesterday, i was playing with a Catalpa pod; peeling off the outside and stripping the seeds before mushing the inside through my fingers. Needless to say, i wasn't very busy yesterday. However, the moisture inside the pod stained my hands yellow, and they now smell kind of like a catalpa tree. I tried to wash the stuff off, but it has persisted. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would stain my fingers for, or if it was toxic or anything else dramatic i should know.

Thanks

Reply to
florencelebassoon