camouflage

had to get on the roof to do a little patching today...

funny blob of concrete?

erm... no...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I am guessing you never noticed the little toad ladder its been using to climb up on to the roof

;)

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

Bloke Down The Pub wrote: ...

we think either a bird dropped it or it climbed up via a tree that slightly overhangs. still rather amused/amazed as it gets very hot up there and we've had 90F weather already. as it was my feet and hands were a bit cooked yesterday and it was only in the

70s and partly cloudy...

i'm still not even sure it is a toad or a frog/treefrog, i didn't want to disturb it to get a much closer look. still leaning towards toad.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

at my daughter's elementary school. Used to randomly start making calls at PTO meetings. Excellent climbers.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

most of the time.

They do a very nice job of looking like a spot of lichen. Of course, when a spot of lichen appears on a black steel stair railing (or a plain gray roof) all of a sudden, it's not such great camouflage. Anywhere tree-ish it works very well. And even on the stair railing, the first thought that came to mind was not "frog."

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Going with tree frog, they have these neat suctioncup feet and climb on our= sliding glass doors during rain. Drives the dogs nutz!!

And one night I saw what I thought was a moth on our textured ceilings in t= he bedroom. Too comfy to get up, I let it be. Shortly after I turned the li= ght out I felt something bounce off my arm, felt really weird. Turned the l= ight on, and looked, and it was one of those frogs like your picture. I got= up and took him outside. Scared the Beejesus out of me. I couldn't believe= he could suction cup on the ceiling all the way across the room.

Reply to
Nanzi

Pat Kiewicz wrote: ...

thanks Pat, indeed it is a gray tree frog. strange place to take up living, but there were plenty of horse flies up there for it to snack on. if it climbed the house it went over a horizontal surface of the eves for 2ft to get to the roof. more likely it came up the tree that overhangs slightly. now i'll have to come up with another name than Overtoad...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

changed the names to reflect it being tree frog and not a toad... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Been inclined like that for long, or are you just prone to do that?

Reply to
Billy

Cool. Did he jump up there?

Reply to