Subject Author Posted Replies

Tree Farms
There are three black walnut trees in the yard. When I look thru my tree books I always read how black walnut wood is in high demand. I was wondering, how hard is it to create and run a tree farm with...
3
3

Management Teacher Needed in Xiamen University TKK College
Based on One Year Teaching Contract Classes to teach: Business major related field courses, such as accounting, finance, etc. Workload: weekly teaching hours ranging from 10 to 20 responsible for...

Bugs on thrunk of my Pittosporum
Hello I have a Pittosporum tree that is covered in large clusters of black 'pin-head' sized bugs on the trunk. There are scars all over the trunk indicating that they are eating the bark. The tree has...

Ground IVY...Creeping Charlie...how to rid it
Creeping Charlie and or Ground Ivy has taken over my yard (grass) does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of it???
4
4

Beech Hedge
Hi, I have recently moved into a house where there is a 30m beech hedge along the road frontage. Between the hedge and the road is a fence. I am proposing to remove the fence but at present there are...
2
2

Home Depot trees
Hi there, For the first time in my life I am buying trees, specifically fruit and probably citrus. Is Home Depot any good for this? There are a number of terrific nurseries around here but it is a...
34
34

Michael Pollan on Dietary Dos and Don'ts
Got me thinking and smiling at the same time. Bill

Garden design in the 60's 70's and 80's
Hi I've just joined Gardenbanter to try and solve a problem of garden styles in the 60's 70's and 80's. There is lots of info on Georgian or Victorian garden design (And even the fifties) but nothing...
9
9

Hedgehog and raised garens
My mate hedgehog is out tonight patroling the garden for slugs and snails. We have had a hell of a load of rain the past 2 weeks so the S&S have been out in force. Anyway, I lifted hedgehog in to one...
1
1

Golden Leylandi
Could someone please give me a little bit of advice . We have just taken out 7 golden Leylandi trees which had gone all brown and must admit did look a bit of a mess so hubby decided to cut them down...
6
6

Please identify if Known
I came across this cutting with quite a few buds ready to bloom. i was taken by its beauty and abundance of buds. I do not know what it is, but i believe it came from a succulent plant...here at the...
1
1

?poisonous plants killing my koi
I have rebuilt my pond and added a "flower box" under the water fall. I have tried on numerous occasions to put fish back, one or two at a time, but they all die. I have tested the pH, etc of the...
3
3

Pinging catus experts
About three weeks ago I planted a catus found in a local nursery. Don't know what kind it is, but it has three slender stalks that are about 3 feet high. I live in the San Bernardino area of Southern...
2
2

Pruning Blueberry Bushes
I have two spindly Blueberry Bushes and wondered if I cut them back considerably if they would bear more fruit. If so, when would be th best time to do so?
4
4

Fungus in soil (?) stunts my rose....at least I think
I have a rose that just won't grow. I dug it up today and there is a whiteish substance in the soil. See photos: I have no idea of what this is, but it doesn't look helpful. Any ideas about it is and...
1
1