Subject Author Posted Replies

magnolia leaves
Hi, my felix jury magnolia has started to leaf up and has now got 5 leaves on it ,the problem is that ive noticed that at the base of 2 of the leaves has started to go brown , what could be causing...
2
2

weather changed, good thing i didn't plant the peas
forecast some evening for 5F with -2F windchill and some other evenings of low teenies. hmmm... i just went out yesterday morning and took a picture of a flower spike of a early iris coming up. i...
12
12

Is Growmore burning my plants?
About two weeks ago I carried out a spring fertilizing with growmore, and today I see some plants struggling. As for my hydranger, about two feet tall now, its new shoots are turning black and melting...
1
1

Paw Paw trees
Has anyone planted or seen Paw Paw trees growing? I planted two today. I think they're in a good spot where they will get enough water and have good soil. Here's a link I found with some good...
5
5

Tell me why its necessary to file and soak seeds?
Im new (really new to gardening) and it seems like i want to do it all at once! And i want to do it right! i research the internet finding the correct way to plant certain plants. On the seed packages...
4
4

my daffs dont flower
Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to deep? Help!
3
3

Melons for container gardening
Anyone grow these in pots? Tigger Queen Anne Pocket Golden Midget How'd they do? I just bought some golden midget but am willing to try anything once. Paul
4
4

bouncing a thought off you all
We shred a lot of paper in my household and part of me keeps wondering if there is something better than just sending it off with the weekly recycling. I've added it to the compost bin and to a few...
7
7

Calcium supplements for tomatoes
Well, planting season is almost here. I am going to double my tomato crop this year. I have ready access to oyster shells and crushed coral. How good of a calcium supplement would these make? I grow...
16
16

Planting on a Steep Slope
One of the boundaries of our garden is a steep slope, about 40 degrees, 2m high bordering a path to a neighbours house. The slope is south facing and quite loose, I guess because of the dryness of the...
13
13

Digging up Hosta roots (but trying not to)
I have an area with Several Hostas that are dormant now and a zillion daylillies coming up in the same area. I dug a little and because the lillies are very small right now, seems the bulbs were...
4
4

veggie scraps, worm composting, part 1
...continued from part 2... the basic method i'm using now is to start a new bucket with a layer of shredded paper on the bottom (or if we've had mellon or something squishy and runny i wrap that in...
3
3

Border plants to hide shed base
We have a small rear garden area which is mostly occupied by an 8x6 shed which sits on a crookedly angled, but solid slab base. It?s not very nice as you can see in the photo! We originally had turf...

ATCO 12/36 lawn tractor help needed
Hi all I am currently restoring an ATCO 12/36 lawn tractor and need some help regarding the belt drive for the collector brush. If anyone can supply photos of the drive belt between the tractor and...
11
11

Annual Peonies
I recently bought seeds for annual Peonies. I have grown perennial Peonies before and like them very much, but I have never even heard of the annual variety before. Has anyone ever grown annual...