Subject Author Posted Replies

The Christmas Kooka
La Nino is the boy child who comes to visit at Christmas some years and who takes our rain. Here is one of the rare visitors of a La Nina year when it is wet. This season makes your tomatoes and...
13
13

Money Tree Plant - Help Required
Hi all Can anyone help me restore my 25 year old gorgeous money tree plant back to health. About 18 months ago after bringing the plant indoors from its summer break, I noticed what looked like white...
2
2

glyphosate
Are You Eating, Drinking and Breathing Monsanto's New Agent Orange? Sayer Ji Special to (NEW YORK) - In a groundbreaking study published in Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry last month,...
1
1

Wonder what this weed is?
Comes in on ivy banks and even grass. Don't know what it is. http://i39.tinypic.com/o54aa1.jpg
13
13

cold weather
Hi, I am new to this forum and have a question, Is It ok to do the second prune on my wysteria now while this cold weather is on us, Im in the W/Midlands, Thanks for any advise.
1
1

ID this plant?
HB http://tinypic.com/r/214wmjm/5Tx!
5
5

Strange seeds...
Hi, I'm new here!!! I've some seeds from mexico, but I don't know what they are... I have looked everywhere but... nothing... Any idea??? Tnku!!!...
6
6

madgardener
What happened to Maddie? I haven't seen any posts from her for a while.
2
2

build a brick herb box
Hello I am planning to build a brick herb box after my garden patio. The box will be 900mm high (from patio floor), 5 meters long with 300mm planting width between the brick walls. This will also act...
6
6

good winter reading
_the nature and properties of soils_ by Brady and Weil. i'm nosing through the 2002 (13th edition) and enjoying it. a more recent edition would be fun to go through eventually to see how much it has...
12
12

Green House
Where can I buy a second hand green house, am on budget and am interested to grow vegetables.
8
8

earth friendly cement
well this is sort of on topic since we use a fair amount of cement making decorations, edges, stepping stones, etc. it is good to hear that they are working on finding out how to make cements that do...

animal waste in garden
We have recently moved in to a new place and can't figure out which animal is creating the mess. Please find the image attached. Hoping someone here can suggest a way to get rid of this problem. Thank...
9
9

white dirt season
finally arrived yesterday here in mid-michigan. felt good to be out digging today, but was musing about how nice it would be if that white stuff was garden soil from heaven instead of a cold wet...
5
5

"Air pruning" roots
I've been reading about air-pruning potted plants roots to get bushier and more extensive root systems and avoiding encircling roots. Mostly it seems to be a for nursery trees, but looks like it would...
1
1