Missing 120 volt leg

Missing one 120 volt leg of 240 volt system due to wire disconnect at transformer due to wind storm. Problem is now fixed by power company. But something is driving me crazy. Why, when the one 120 volt line was down, did lights on that circuit come on at a lower brightness. When I look at all the circuits, including the 240 volt ones I can not see how it is possible. Obviouly I am missing something?? I am aware that if it was the neutral line that went down I could have had hi voltage on one 120v line and lo voltage on the other 120v line.

Reply to
norwood