Worm farms - collecting/harvesting worms?

CanopyCo

i don't think i'd say that, it's a bit paranoid :-)

however, it's a fact that governments are always disappointing in the end (ime). no matter the good intentions, ultimately in trying to govern for everyone, nobody is really happy. that's life i suppose. (for democracies, anyway).

there's no hindrance to the poor taking up gardening & eating the results, like the middle class do. (i'm on topic! i'm on topic!) and i mean that. quite a suitable quotation, really. kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

"You call that a worm? Now this is a WORM"

Bloke Down The Pub

Okay, here?s what I?ve done to ?modify? my worm-collecting-farm. First up, I?ve used a pitchfork to gently dig and loosen the soil underneath the worm farm (that has the holes in the bottom, which hopefully they will crawl up through) I?ve taken the food scraps out, and spread about 10cm or so of loosely packed soil in the bottom of the box, with lots of leaf litter mixed through to make the soil medium more fibrous. I?ve then put the food scraps on top of this soil medium, with the damp Hessian sack on top, with the plastic lid on top of that. I?ve also taken out a generous proportion of the vegetable scraps (no citrus, meat, or pineapple at all) and put it in a blender with lots of water. I had to fill the blender several times, tipping this ?vegetable juice mix? into a large plastic watering can. I then poured this blended mix (plus some coffee grounds) through the food scraps, through the soil layer, then through the holes in the bottom, and into the loosened soil below. Am I on the right track here?

Reply to
Gas Bag