Winter Harvest

On 1/25/2019 9:55 PM, T wrote:

depends ... human grandbabies, yet - 3 ... plant grandbabies, not yet! haha
--
Maggie

    Time for me to prune mine, too, as well as the sage and the bay tree. Although, the rosemary still is holding a few blossoms, it, as well as the sage, is a bit leggy. Cutting back the bay will promote a flush of tender milder leaves, better suited for culinary use fresh, in our kitchen.     Bay, sage, and parsley are doing well this winter despite the inattention of this past summer and fall. They are not truly "freeze-hardy" or evergreen but so far this winter temperature has not got low enough to threaten them.
--
Derald
...the only traits that are passed down in your family
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote: ...

i hope this coming cold blast doesn't get down that far! this morning i woke up and checked the weather station and it was -13F. i think we've made it up to about 10 or so by now with the sun being out and it being calm. the rest of the week has a bump up for a day or two and then right back to colder again.
songbird

    Temperatures have been pretty moderate so far this winter—no frozen tomatoes or peas. I'm hoping those behind the front that's headed your way follow the same pattern. Solid 60 ° on the front porch now (more-or-less 2PM on Sat, 1-26) really overcast, though. If the clouds stay, they'll help keep the nighttime temperature up.

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

it won't be too bad tonight. we're due for snow on Mon/Tues but dunno how much yet, wind may be the issue. going to have to get the propane company back soon.
songbird
On 1/26/2019 7:18 PM, songbird wrote:

  I just dial "which tree is next?" Was out today looking and found several standing dead oaks that need to come out . Look like they'll be fairly easy to get to with Rusty the Tractor . I recently bought an electric chain sharpener , my saws have never cut this good before - my filing fu sucks . Paid for itself (as compared to paying 6 bucks per) with the first sharpening session .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:13:18 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

frozen

I bought an electric chain sharpener after a few years of running up to the hardware to get the chains sharpened a few times a season. As you say, pay s for itself quickly and makes cutting much easier. I think my new hip has settled down to where I can do some cutting this year.
Your sig line reminds me of a poster I saw at a gun show a while back:
No trespassing: I have a gun and a backhoe.
Paul