The second coming is here!

Having survived the hot summer when they go dormant my globe artichokes are re-growing now the weather is cooling. And guess what....

I am going to have autumn flowers as well as the usual spring ones. I could get used to two crops a year.

Hallelujah brothers and sisters! Hallelujah!

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Gotta get around to growing some globe artichokes one of these days...

Even though totally unrelated: Looks like my Jersualem Artichokes are close to flowering now, at long last. Frost permitting... Also have Chinese Artichokes established - but have not yet tried them, no idea what they taste like.

Reply to
Jeßus

Gotta get around to growing some globe artichokes one of these days...

Even though totally unrelated: Looks like my Jersualem Artichokes are close to flowering now, at long last. Frost permitting... Also have Chinese Artichokes established - but have not yet tried them, no idea what they taste like.

Reply to
Jeßus

Ha....I know all about you GlobeHeads from the Church of the Holy Artichoke, standing around on street corners and in airports, beggin' for butter and lemons, talking about the Second Coming of The Holy Artichoke...nonsense.

Isn't it?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

You live in a fridge, mine have been flowering for months.

I don't know them.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Quite similar to JAs, though smaller and more fiddley to prepare.

Gary Woods

Apostasy! The only True Church is that of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Bright blessings,

Gary Woods

Is that NY WOG or New York Western Oriental Gentleman?????

Reply to
SG1

And that would make you white trash?

Reply to
Billy

Well that leaves them out as far as I am concerned as I already find Jerulsalem artichokes fiddly enough.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

See also Seed Saver's Exchange sooper sekrit code.

Gary Woods

The pics I've seen, they look like little white grubs :) The plant itself is growing/spreading like crazy right now... I'm starting to wonder if I chose a suitable spot or not to plant it - in amongst what are mostly herbs. If it keeps growing at this rate, it's going to take over.

My JAs are very close to flowering now. In typical unpredictable fashion, February here was pretty cool and we even had frost. March has been much warmer... quite a few days close to 30°, so a lot of things are still powering on. Even my tomatoes, most of which lost all foliage in the first frost are still alive, with the fruit ripening nicely. Oh but it *will* get cold here, no doubt about that... typical mid-winter temp minimum is around -6°.

Reply to
Jeßus

Geez sounds like Alice Springs in winter.

Reply to
SG1