seed problems

I have been having little success from starting with seeds. most of my seeds do germinate and get their first 2 leaves. then within a week the seedlings turn yellow and die. what am i doing wrong?

seeds that i have the most problems with are: Alpine Strawberry (Mignonette) Strawberry Sticks (Chenopodium) Tomato Jelly Bean Hybrid Lettuce Grand Rapids Leaf

Reply to
kagera

Could be too much water (altho the distress symptom would first be wilting) or the plants are too close to the lights.

Reply to
TQ

Damping off? Fungal? Are your temps cool? Outside? Inside?

John!

kagera wrote:

Reply to
GA Pinhead
[[Could be too much water (altho the distress symptom would first be wilting) or the plants are too close to the lights.]] im going the "poor" growing method and using good old sun rays though a window. [[Are your temps cool? Outside? Inside? ]] i live in south jersey, right now plants are inside, and it tends to get a bit chilly at night, Probaly 60-70 inside durring the day.
Reply to
kagera

Number one, make sure you're not watering too much; and when you do water, do it from the bottom of the container. You could sprinkle some cinnamon on the top of the soil (it's a natual fungicide) and make sure the plants have good air circulation (I use a small table fan, on low, pointed towards my plants.)

Depending on what type of plants you are growing, the window light may or may not be enough. Plus since you have them in a window, you will need to turn them daily so that they do not get too leggy reaching for the light.

Reply to
clc

Reply to
Texas Tomatoes