Safer's BTK question.

I presume the alphanumeric codes stamped on the bottom of Safer's BTK containers are some sort of "manufactured on" date code. Does anyone know how to read this code? The code in question is A013008. The instructions say BTK is best used within two years of the date of manufacture. I don't want to go to the trouble of mixing and spraying if this container is already *dead*. However, in response to several inquiries made about the date of manufacture, Woodstream, the parent company of Safer Products, has failed to divulge this information. If the stated *two years from date of manufacture* is indeed the case, even if I buy another container, how do I know it hasn't been sitting around at the garden center for two or more years already? A friend is currently awaiting a reply to the same inquiry emailed to Woodstream so I may have more on this later.

Southern Ontario, Canada. Ag Canada Zone 5B

Reply to
Ross

I've used BTK that was at least 10 years old and more likely 15 and it worked. --- It was in the house when we moved here. ---It was the only thing available on short notice when an elderly friend's roses were being consumed by budworm so I tried it.

5 or six years later, I'm still using the same bottle, and the BTK is doing its job just fine.

Your mileage may vary.

Reply to
phorbin

replying to Ross, Maxime wrote: Have you found your answer?

Reply to
Maxime