'Romano' Sweet Pepper seed

Does anyone know where to get this in the US? I can find only similarly named varieties in the usual Google deluge. New to this pepper so I'd like the "original".

thanks.

PS. As an aside, last year I grew a bunch of Ancho Mirasol (vendor's name) from seed sitting in a ziplock bag the basement since 1998. Don't buy-in too deeply to what you read on the internet.

Reply to
Home Owner

Actually, I have not heard about this before.. What are the benefits of this pepper? Just get interested :)

Reply to
Leont

Leont, I don't know which of the two I mentioned you are asking about. The Romanos are a large sweet pepper that are often served fried. That's all I know. I didn't plant any for 2022. The Ancho Mirasol look like a small-ish Poblano (which are called Ancho when dried) but rather than hanging pendant on the plant they grow upside down. We grew them from the '98 seed last year. Pretty hot, very tasty. We dry them and eventually soak, blend into a thick paste, and mix with sour cream, salt, and a little black pepper. Delicious on grilled steaks.

Reply to
Homeowner