Ripening pears

Well it's big of you to say so. But don't get too put out by a snarly session on my part. Given the shit that's happening in Victoria at the moment a minor face ripping on usenet is totally irrelevant in the great scheme of things.

Reply to
FarmI

Well Anne, you've plonked me so you won't see this. But just for the archives, I'll record here that I left out a paragraph in what I wrote in response to you.

I went out to move a hose and came back and put in a final para but missed out the one I'd composed in my head whilst outside. As it is my post in response to you made no sense whatsoever, so my injunction to put a critical reading hat on obviously didnt' work either gfor you or for me. And I'm cross at myself for my own stupidity at posting somethign that doesn't make sense.

But you gave me a good chuckle at your grumpiness and such a quickfire Plonking. Must be the season for grumpiness.

Reply to
FarmI

No. I'd rather be Sleepy.

Reply to
FarmI

Quite so. How is your psture going? Any fires near you?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

There is one fire in the district but it's nnot considered a problem ATM but the smoke is somewhat concerning because you're always on high alert, as you'd know.

Our pasture is all hayed off so it's a case of giving the cattle bypass blocks to cope with the feed. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily if a fire starts) we have lots of dry standing feed so we don't have to feed out or buy any. Should be OK for winter too. And in fact I'm now looking forward to winter with a vengeance.

What about your pasture - have you had to agist your animals yet?

Reply to
FarmI

Yer gomnna get Dopey if youre not nice! or could be cursed by being Sneezy....

Reply to
Jonno

Ar Emails and Females... Thery often git it rong!

Reply to
Jonno

But Dopey is already taken so I think I'll let you keep it.

Reply to
FarmI

Ok Youre cursed with Dopey... Ya havent been nice lately....

Reply to
Jonno

Not yet. We have just let them into a reserve area that I was irrigating a bit (until the river stopped) so they are OK for now. We have had 28mm of rain in the last few days and getting a little green flush. Right now I am gambling that we will get more rain and build up some growth before the weather turns - if not we are stuffed. They are all pretty fat so a couple of good falls in the next few weeks will see us through.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

But of course you obviously think that you've been as nice as pie. A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Reply to
FarmI

Well good luck for the rain. We've had a wee bit overnight and it's overcast and mizzling here ATM. I'd love to see a few days of steady rain.

Reply to
FarmI

Of course I have been nice! I could have done worse and called you other names. I dont think that at all. Some of us "avent" got a good memory, or forget about things. As far as classical goes, that saying definitely goes back to the dark ages...and could be showing your age...

Reply to
Jonno

Bwahahahaha.

I mean, a lovely parry. Do continue ;O)

Reply to
Billy

Nuh, I was ticking up for someone . Emails can be so easy to miss, and those that write them, tend remember writing them, but if you havent seen it its so easy to miss or even forget. Long winded replies are inclined to be forgoten No need to be Grumpy. Dopey or even tarry to parry thrust or try to make a farm1 bite the dust He/She's quite sweet most of the time.... I still dont know what gender.

Reply to
Jonno

Claims to have a husband. Around here, that's usually a female, but the times they are a changin'.

She is sweet. She'll settle for a draw, but she won't lose. Just you watch out for your groin.

Reply to
Billy

Jonno said teasingly >>Wow watta woman! I bet she's only 5ft 2 too...

Reply to
Jonno

If I was so short, I'm sure I'd tower over you.

Reply to
FarmI