Re: Potato's are ding again. See pictures and let me know what is wrong.

The message from Noydb contains these words:

That looks (to the untrained eye) like a fungal disease, quite possibley > septoria. If so, give it a shot of a copper or sulfur based fungicide every > 8-10 days and destroy (burn or remove from the property) all dead plant > material / deep plow the area in the fall. > Bill > -- > Zone 5b (Detroit, MI) > I do not post my address to news groups.

Could be the dreaded potato blight which is what you could be talking about with septoria.

I hope the potatos are being moved around rather than in the same spot as thats just fatal for em.

Reply to
Christopher Norton

I just dug them up yesterday since all the plants had died out a week ago. I planted 3 varities - about a half dozen plants of each. I got a half 5 gallon bucket full of potatoes from each variety. It was a decent yield despite the plants dying. Better than last year - probably up at least a third. Probably due to me changing the site location.

I grew Yukon Golds, Red Russet and a brown variety I never tried before. I am happy with it. Next year I will dust and fungicide my plot. I also got some sulphur I am thinking about tring too.

On a side note I also had a fungus kill my Asian lillies this year. It must have spread from my rose bush which 3 ft away and had fungus attack it again. Luckily this stuff is no where near my garden.

Rick

Reply to
Chester Deja