Peppercorns?

This may seem like a dumb question, but is it possible to grow pepper plants in the US at all? If so, is it possible to plant them from the peppercorn or is there a specific seed that needs to be bought? Thank you.

Regards, Ranee @ Arabian Knits

Ranée at Arabian Knits

I cannot personally vouch for the information, but a quick Google search leads me to believe that black pepper (piper nigrum) can be grown in the warmer climate zones of U.S.A.

Shoot; I'm in western peninsular Florida and may try some myself, it it can adapt to container culture.

Reply to
Balvenieman