Lemon blossom falling off

Hi,

I have a nice potted lemon tree, it gives bloom every year in abundance of sweet smelly flowers but couple of weeks following this it just looses all the flowers during a single week (sometimes days) and usually only one fruit remains from all the hundreds. Will appreciate any suggestion as I am quite frustrated by now of not getting any fruits from my lovley tree.

Many many thanks in advance. Tal

Reply to
nortron

Bees.

Reply to
John Savage

I would guess bees or pot bound, but it could also be over/under watering or poor soil quality.

You shouldn't expect to have too much fruit from a plant that grows quite large that you are keeping in a pot -regardless of how big the pot is

If the leaves are yellow looking you may have a soil difficency, which would also lead to poor flowering/fruiting.

Are you feeding fertaliser it in this pot A LOT ? I'd guess it would need it. How long has it been in the pot ? Are you changing the soil in the pot yearly and replacing it with good organic matter ?

All of these questi> >I have a nice potted lemon tree, it gives bloom every year in

Reply to
Liza

When I got my citrus trees, I called the grower and asked them about conditions. He said it was fine to keep citrus in pots (even long term), and it is even preferable to planting them in alkaline soil or where the roots might freeze hard in winter, but to watch out for several things:

Drainage is critical. Light sandy soil is better than heavy soil with too much mulch, or clay. Too dry is better than too wet.

They prefer soil on the acidic side, and are likely to need an acidifier occasionally.

Use Miracle Gro according to the directions for potted plants. When I asked why that brand specifically, he said it has to do with micro-nutrients.

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez