Interesting atricle

Ellen Goodman, a columnist at the Boston Globe, wrote an interesting column last week. It started with the following.

"I DO NOT agree with Samuel Johnson that remarriage is the triumph of hope over experience. That dubious triumph belongs to the gardener, not the bride and groom."

She went on to talk about gardening and then the current state of food. It seems that the food on our tables comes from an average of

1500 miles away and 85% of the cost of food is in the processing, transportation, etc.

Here is a link to the complete column.

The Cook

library and read the rip he lays on "organic". Since the government has gotten involved things have gotten "curiouser and curiouser", to quote Alice. Especially in the meat and dairy sector.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

Here are some of the curious things.

the good ol' USDA in the USA, protecting your food supply.

My feets hurt, it's been a long day, but I is sure chockablock full of two more years schmartz. What a wasted effing day.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie