Hulless-seeded pumpkins

Lady Godiva and a couple other varieties have graced my garden the last two seasons. The squash itself aren't very large, but they're pretty full of seeds. I carefully slice the flesh to open the sphere into two halves, cut lengthwise, and then with the dexterity of a surgeon, lift out the double-rows of green seeds. Putting them in a dryer intensifies their taste!

I'd like to make some pumpkin seed butter, but haven't had enough seeds at one time (nibbling was good, though :-)

I also dry the pumpkin flesh, skin removed. Last night I put some strips into a sauce, and they turned out really well, absorbing flavors and assuming a chewy texture.

David

Reply to
David Auker