Greenhouse Questions

Hi there

I have a few questions for you all! I'm growing in a green house Firstly, my tomatoe seedlings started to appear, is this the point start feeding tomatoe food or shall I wait?

[image:
for large

Secondly, I am growing cucumbers and cabages in the same seed tray. then decided to research them and found out that cucumbers like 25C an cabages about 15C. So even though they have started growing, can seperate then and whats the best way to do this?

Cucumber left / Cabage right [image:

for large

Thanks in advance

-- Akumos

Reply to
Akumos

First off, all seeds contain enough food for a young plant. You don't want to be "feeding" them at this stage!

Personally, I would wait until after the tomatoes develop true leaves

- not the cotydelon (sp?) leaves. You'll know true leaves, because they are what look like tomato leaves. It's kinda like baby teeth, these primary leaves will eventually drop off. When the true leaves appear, give the plants another week or so, then transplant to a larger container. Hold the seedling by a leaf, not the stem - too easy to crush. At this time, if you wish, supply a light, very light dose of plant food, with a light watering in. That's all you need until you have a PLANT to deal with. I start my entire (near enough) garden every year, and I don't fertilize seedlings, just water and light. I feed the plants when they go in the ground outdoors.

Second, you can think about splitting up the cukes and cabbages when you see (again) true leaves. I would hesitate to TP seedlings prior to this - beginnings are such dicey things. Give the seedling a chance, then break 'em up when they put out leaves.

That's my story, and ahm stickin' to it!

Good luck.

Reply to
3dgonzo

That helps loads. Thank you

-- Akumos

Reply to
Akumos

yer hows it going just doing somthing for my tafe coarse haft to send a reply to one of you guys so thats what im doing thanks ....

Reply to
rouge-stances