Best Rated threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wind blew down some of my garlic
Hi All, We had a big wind some through a few weeks ago and blew down several of my garlic plants. I just left them alone, but the tops just went brown. (Had I know, I would have picked the tops, they...
4
4

Volunteer potatoes poisonous???
okay i know this is a dumb question but are volunteer potatoes poisonous? my mother is driving me around the bend on this issue:S. we have a few red potato that came through from last years crop so we...
10
10

Corn tasseling too early
I live in the southern Utah desert, zone 8-9-ish, heavy clay soil and hot summers. I planted corn in my front yard, which previously had rather unsuccessfully tried to be a lawn. This year, I forgot...
5
5

Lumpy zucchini
My zucchini have become lumpy. I'm used to nice smooth fruit so this is disconcerting. Some are more misshapen than others. They seem to taste just fine. Has anyone here any idea as to why the...
7
7

Will solarization kill bamboo?
My old garden (14'x60') has two problems, on the left side where I've been growing green vegetables I have a terrible bamboo problem. On the right side where I've been growing tomatoes I have a wilt...
33
33

Chemlawn bastards
Sprayed broadleaf herbicide and who knows what else thru the chain link fence from my neighbor's yard into my garden again. Killed my squash, and the tomatillo closest to the fence looks stunted a...
23
23

Figaro! FIGARO! FIIIIGAAAAROOOO!
Every time I ask my sister what sweet peppers she wants this year, I get opera. I blame the Ga Pinhead for this. Last year I was musing on what non-bell sweet peppers to try, and he mentioned his...
2
2

Meyer Lemon Ripeness
How do you know when a Meyer lemon is ripe? I've had a plant for a couple of years in a pot and it has a couple of lemons on it that are turning yellow.
5
5

Duck manure tea?
Okay, the ducks have their nice penned-in area until I get around to fencing in the garden proper. They have the lawn, their feed bowl, and a 4' plastic kiddie pool to splash around in...which they do...
8
8

Tomato Plants Dying
Hi, I planted some tomato plants in a large trough a couple of months ago. However when they were about 2 feet high they started wilting one by one; beginning at one end of the trough. Thinking that...
4
4

Too Many Melons
I planted a couple varieties of cantaloupe this year and they're all ripening at the same time. I think that next year, I'll plant a couple of hills in early May, like I did this year, then plant a...
10
10