Are you 'breaking the rules' by growing fruit or vegetables in your flower beds?

Thanks for the link. :-)

Dark ale works best for me for slug predation. I don't have a problem with snails. The two native species, to date, have caused no plant damage. They are cleanup crew.

I have more of a problem with caterpillars but BT works for that.

Reply to
Omelet

Time for me to give it another try. Thanks. :-)

I picked my first ripe plum tomato this morning. I planted a better boy and a plum in one 30 gallon pot the first part of last November. I got a few tomatoes in February. I had put the pot into the greenhouse to protect it. The two vines are hyooge now and started setting about a month ago. I'm hand fertilizing the blooms. I can do that with just two plants.

It really is time for me to move it out of there and re-stake it. It's getting to be too big and falling over.

Reply to
Omelet