Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cute tune
Maybe thinking that's where Billy is. I wish I had this in better quality, but the performance is worth sharing. Lyrics ('cause I know you'll want to sing along!) ... Ain't nothin' in the world that I...

Best kind of drip line?
My spool of drip line is now all used up. For that inevitable clogged- line replacement, I'll be needing to get more. I've used four kinds of drip line so far {all 1/4" diameter}: * an impermeable...
3
3

the morel of the story
was out doing some weeding and came across these in one of the front gardens. :) several years ago my brother gave us a few morels that he'd picked and told us when we rinsed them off to take the...
10
10

It's been a bad month but getting better..
About May Day my several year old computer croaked on me. $600 later I now have a sparkling new computer and a lot of downloads from the elder one. In addition I got a 15 or more year old computer...

spray bottle?
Hi All, Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)...
13
13

tomatillo potting question
Hi All, It is about time for me to grow seeds in those little peat moss pots. I usually plant three seeds per pot. Then when I transfer to the garden, I wait to see who deals with the shock the best...
6
6

green garlic
songbird http://www.anthive.com/flowers/p5030001_Green_Garlic.jpg
11
11

Moving grape vines
Someone in another group I read wants to move some 100 year old grape vines . Any chance of success ? My understanding is that they root very deeply , wondered if that would make it difficult to avoid...
7
7

Clover in Pumpkin Patch
I tilled the pumpkin patch the other day, an area roughly 40' X 25'. Next week, I'll be planting hills of pumpkins and squash about 6' apart, which leaves a lot of empty space that I'll be tilling to...
9
9

Dead is beautiful !
If it's the weeds under the black plastic you laid down to kill 'em . I'm slackin' this year , still haven't got my seedlings in the ground . But the ground is ready and so are the seedlings , the...
7
7

how far apart do you plant your zukes?
one foot? three feet? six feet? I have my whole back yard to use. The goal is to thwart that stupid mold that gets them every year. (there is no sky watering and I use a water wand to water right at...
4
4

Round Zukes?
Hi All, I have terrible luck with regular zukes. Anyone ever grow a round one? -T http://www.rareseeds.com/ronde-de-nice-squa/
2
2

Red eggplant?
Hi All, This red eggplant looks fun: I don't care as long as it tastes like an eggplant. What do you guys think? -T http://www.rareseeds.com/korean-red-eggplant/

A Dumb Carrot question
Hi Guys, You guys are going to love this question as it shows just how little I know about gardening. I know that if you take an organic potato (not sprayed with an anti sprouting agent), cut it into...
2
2

last years seeds?
Hi All, I still have seeds I bought last year left over: tomatillo, zukes, and I forget. Would they still be good? Or should I buy new ones? Many thanks, -T
7
7