Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chives Going To Seed?
Hey, everybody, long time no write... I've got some chives that seem to be blossoming. It is a sort of spherical thingy on the tip, with a bundle of purple bumps. It is only happening on a few of...
2
2

?? seed potatoes vendor
Anybody have a line on a U.S.A. seed potato vendor who has stock for autumn delivery? An online vendor would be frosting on the cake. Even if I'm too late for this year, I'd like a reference to...

Bad potato crop
Due to a severe bad back during the summer and early autumn I have TODAY harvested all of my potatoes and it was not a very pretty sight. I may have enough potatoes for one meal for one person. Every...
6
6

Garden Lime
Can anybody tell me how garden lime is sold in france. I've looked in 'SuperU' and garden centres but I can't find Chaux anywhere.
8
8

Fruit trees
So, I took all of your advice and now have the mini-orchard of my dreams. Thanks for all your help. Okay, so now I am hovering between excitement over what I hope will be a nice garden/orchard and...
2
2

Garlic "seeds"
I have a small quantity of Ukrainian garlic which has produced "seed heads" (small miniature cloves) about 1/4" in diameter. If I planted these would they produced proper garlic next year or am I...
5
5

apple and apricot tree shoots
hallo, have some old apples and an apricot tree in garden. they all throw up shoots from the roots under the soil. moving house, would like to take both with me to new garden. Question:a) is it any...
5
5

Nicotine for pests... but electronic cigarette safer
Many gardeners know home made remedies and tips to make sure their garden blooms. A nicotine solution may well rid certain plants of nasty bugs but there is no doubt cigarette stubs don't aid a good...

A little help on this important issue would be appreciated
This from the J. L. Hudson, Seedsman updates email list. I reproduce this, without permission from David, but I'm sure that he would approve. I'll take my chances with the DMCA. Please take a moment...
2
2

Will fall-planted carrot seeds grow in spring?
All summer long, every few weeks, I did a new planting of carrots. Most did not germinate. I planted different varieties from different vendors, so I know the seed wasn't the problem. I think it may...
8
8

Garlic harvest finished!
The garlic has been hanging in the shed curing for a while, but I finally got to trimming, weighing, etc. 76 pounds of assorted varieties, so I should be all set for the winter at least. For the truly...
4
4

Greenhouses
I've been thinking about getting a greenhouse to extend my growing season by a month or so on either end. Does any one have any experience with them and have any suggestions about what to get? Costco...
18
18

Garlic
Picked up 11 varieties of Garlic from this place They came in today looks good. I got 2 of each kind he had. I dont know where I am going to put them all...
2
2

Home Depot trees
Hi there, For the first time in my life I am buying trees, specifically fruit and probably citrus. Is Home Depot any good for this? There are a number of terrific nurseries around here but it is a...
25
25

Michael Pollan on Dietary Dos and Don'ts
Got me thinking and smiling at the same time. Bill