Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

growing squash with few bees
A while back I was trying to identify whether I had cucumbers or melons. Looking at the growing plant now, I'm thinking it must be squash, it's not vining and the leaves are getting big. (shared seeds...
7
7

soil/mix for container vegetables?
I'm going to do just a few veggies in containers; patio tomato, some herbs, maybe some green beans in one, lettuces/chard. So, I noticed they have some "Organic" soil at the stores for vegetables, for...
11
11

organic plant protection pdf
I found a pdf of organic plant protection and how to make the stuff.
2
2

%#&@#% flea beetles!!!
They found my eggplant already and I'm just hardening them off. They won't go into the ground until next week.
8
8

My Garlic is turning brown
My 50 or so kinds of Garlic is almost ready. I cant wait to try so many varieties. I did some heirloom tomatoes this year and I'm already pulling some of them out.

Duck!
Here's the consequences of being late on one of my normal garden tasks: pulling/grubbing out the grass and common daylilies that keep invading the veggie garden from the neighbor's yard along the west...
4
4

Great plant protection book.
Some co worker who has a farm south of me loaned me me a book last night called , The organic way to plant protection . By the editors of organic gardening and farming. 1966. Rodale press , Pa. And...
4
4

The Diabetic Garden
Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?
6
6

The stinkyest smell gardening list.
What gardening smell tops this. I just did this today. And showered and it still isn't coming off. Get a 5 year old bottle of liquid fish fertilizer 5-1-1 That has a cracked cap and got moldy and real...
17
17

How to tell cantaloupe, cucumber and honey dew plants apart
I planted by seed this year and didn't do a good job of marking which was which. What I thought were watermelon plants, clearly aren't. They have leaves like cucumbers but seem to be in clusters,...
9
9

Fruits flowering too early?
Hi there, I bought a couple of tomato plants and a strawberry at the beginning of April which are doing well in their containers. I am slightly concerned that they have been flowering for the last...
1
1

Favorite gardening books in no particular order
I would like to know why not how you garden. "Wild Wealth" Library of Congress Catalog card number 70-161240 1971 Sorry no ISBN number "The Wilderness World of John Muir" ISBN 0-395-08241-2 1954...
1
1

You Can Keep Your "Heirloom" Tomatoes
I live in Florida in U.S.A. In Florida it is summertime and has been since mid-April. Daytime highs (Farenheit) in mid-to-high 80's, overnight lows mid-60's to mid 70's. Leafy cool season crops, save...
15
15

Bug, bugs,
Hello, Id like some suggestions for bug control. I got bugs holes in my eggplant leaves already . Two days ago it was 1/8 inch holes. Tonight there's sections missing. And I see a chew spot in one of...
4
4

Cucumber seedling
Hello, The other day I was given a cucumber seedling for my birthday. I left it for a few days outside, then popped it in a big pot of compost. However I now see it is too early to pot out cucumbers!...
1
1