Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Herbs And Vegetables Expert Required For Filming!
Hi all! I work for a company called Videojug, and since launching in September 2006, Videojug has grown into the world?s most comprehensive library of free factual video content online and we are...

Prunella Wild cropped and More yea sort of Spam
Found Thought of Billy I've been drinking a cup of Self heal for about 2 weeks for BP issues. I found this place which offers herbal aerosols. My closest contact with aerosol herbal was heating wild...
4
4

Garlic problem
Just dug up some of my garlic which was planted last autumn. I was looking forward to some nice big bulbs. However, they are not so big. Medium size I suppose but what has bothered me is that the...
9
9

Summer Friends
Picked up the camera on my way back with the scissors Friday: Yesterday, there were 8; today, 6 remain. They have done a number on the parsely. Boy, will the only-neighbor-who-cooks be surprised next...
11
11

Alum
Is alum used anymore in fermented dill pickles ?
2
2

grape troubles
this is long, but at least i try to be amusing. :) if you consider stepping on a rake and getting bonked in the head amusing... zone 5, 1 vine, concord grapes, flat, windy, full sun, plenty of...
3
3

Please identify this plant
My garden is full of these plants, my Jamaican gardener says that these are edible but he doesn't know what they are called here. Does anyone know what these are<
24
24

It's "lock-all-doors" time of the year again
Yes, the zucchinis are ripening. Mine are in plain view, yet I am just staying ahead of them (so I think). Three days in a row, 15" zukes have surprised me. Yet my smugness is just the cucurbit's way...
7
7

Food Security: A Community Affair
AMY GOODMAN: We are on the road in Detroit. Demolition crews here are planning to tear down 10,000 residential buildings over the next four years that the city has deemed dangerous. But as old...

Putting the garden up
From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2010. National Center for Home Food Preservation [pdf] canning and food preservation is very much alive in parts of the United States, and the...
2
2

?? photo hosting W3 sites
Can anyone suggest a free or low-priced photo hosting W3 site that inflicts little-to-no advertising on casual visitors?
2
2

Return On Investment
Yesterday evening I spread two 28' x 28' bird nets over my raspberry patch. There were only a few berries last year but this year it looks like I'll get about a quart. During the process, I realized...
89
89

Late blight confirmed on Long Island
Cheers
4
4

Can Photosynthesis be enhanced?
I once tried using red plastic as a means to give the crops more useful light. That was in my Dad's garden now gone. So I am stuck with much shade and a oak scorch disease so I am very reluctant to...
6
6

Young pomegranate (picture)
This is a young fruit tree, only 2 and a half years old or so. Does anyone have any experience whether a tree this young can produce edible fruit by November or so of this year?