Rhone pipe drainage question

Hi,

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction here.

Is it permissable to direct rhone pipe (rain water only) drainage into a burn that runs close by to the house? I'd like to fit aquachannels all the way round the rear of the house, and as there is a free flowing burn less than 10metres away it would be easy to direct the water that way, but not sure if thats OK?

Rgds,

Stuart

Reply to
Krayten

There would be no problem here in Scotland. Roads authorities customarily run water from roads and footpaths directly into streams and the sea. The water authority takes rain water from roofs and discharges it directly into rivers and streams.

Reply to
Stewart

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:02:58 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Krayten randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Building Regulations (in Eng & W) say that you may require the consent of the Environment Agency. The preferred option is firstly a soakaway, then secondly a watercourse if that is not practicable, presumably to even out the flow.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I am in Scotland, so going by the first reply to this thread it might not be a problem at all.

I think that I will try to check by the local authority before actually doing the work just in case though.

Thanks Stuart

Reply to
Krayten