Re: Damage to Water Supply pipe.

Let them take you to court if necessary, they have contravened regulations

> and while you're at it, insist they come out and correct their mistake. > By the way, for court I would take with you a photo of the pipe with a > tape measure showing how shallow it is, and include a photo of the wider > area to prove you didn't lower the ground immediately around where you've > put your hole down to the pipe. I'd do that sooner rather than later, it > is not beyond possibility they would come out and bury it deeper, then sue > you! >

I did suggest in my email to them that in other industries, gas, electric etc., that if anything was directly worked on then it would require bring up to current regs. Is that true?

Just to err on the side of caution I phoned 'them' today and asked for a plan showing the supply pipe from the main. I got toldthey do not keep such plans, just plans of the mains. I already knew that but was just seeking confirmation.

Curiously she told me that they were only responsible for the mains and that supplies were not their responsibility. I queried this and asked what about the section from the main to the stopcock/meter. She repeated that 'they' were responsible for no part of the service and wouldn't be until 2011.

mark

Reply to
mark

NEVER ask questions by phone, you have no record of the answer or who gave it. Email or (when wasting time) snail mail.

A L P

Reply to
A _L_ P